Be part of our new project: a virtual play based on the experiences and testimonies of East London key workers in the face of COVID-19.
Stories from key workers during COVID-19
We're inviting local key workers to share a video of themselves describing the highs and lows of their encounters working on the frontline during the pandemic. These monologues will then be used to form a virtual play, performed and recorded by professional actors and members of our Young Actors Company. We'll also be showcasing these videos on our digital story wall, which you can view here. At the end of the project, the final film will free to view online.
Nadia Fall, Artistic Director of Stratford East, said:
"While our physical doors are shut our creative mission is to give a voice to those on the frontline and to bring people together. We hope this project will be both life-affirming and a moving reality check of what everyday people are living through at this extraordinary time. East London key workers – you are our heroes. We are rightly indoors, and you are our eyes and ears to the outside world. We would love to hear from you. If anyone knows or lives with a key worker who might want to share their story then please let them know about this project.”
So, this is a callout to all key workers: from nurses to supermarket cashiers, social workers to delivery services and everyone in between.
HOW CAN I TAKE PART?
Please film a short video of yourself (max. 3 minutes) on your mobile phone or device (or get someone you live with to help) and send it to us to upload. If you'd rather not be on camera, you can also send us a written testimony or an audio recording. Plus, if you'd like to remain anonymous, then just let us know in your email. There is no deadline to send in your stories!
Please tell us your first name, your job and a bit about your situation. Here are some suggestions for topics that may help:
- Describe something that made you laugh during all this.
- Describe something that frustrated you or made you angry.
- Tell us something that this crisis has made you realise.
- Tell us who or what keeps you comforted through this challenging time.
- Describe your daily routine.
- How do your family fit in around your working day?
- What do people isolating indoors not realise?
- What are your hopes and fears for the future?
THINGS TO NOTE
- Here's a handy HOW TO GUIDE for self-filming.
- Please record your video in landscape.
- You can email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org (or use a free file-sharing website like wetransfer.com).
- If possible, please record your video in a well-lit environment and avoid too much background noise.
- We are only able to use videos from those aged 18+, so please do not send us any videos if you are aged 17 or under (and please do not have any young people in shot when recording).
- We are keen to hear from all of those working on the frontline during the Covid-19 crisis, but in case it’s useful here’s a list of key workers.
If you have any questions about the project then email email@example.com