Tue 3rd - Tue 10th Dec 2019
Set the stage for their future
This Christmas, Stratford East is taking part in The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2019 to raise money for young people in Newham.
Why are we raising money?
37% of people in Newham live in poverty and it has the second lowest level of arts engagement in London. Many children living in our community will have never seen a play before, let alone considered a career in theatre. We want our theatre to be fully accessible and open its doors to everyone in our community.
What are we raising money for?
Our aim is to give Newham children the opportunity to experience theatre. We want to:
1. Offer discounted tickets to local children and schools. Last year we gave thousands of discounted tickets to young people under 25 in Newham - help us give more this year.
2. Inspire young people through workshops and work experience placements. Last year, over 500 children and young people took part and we want even more to get involved this year.
3. Give aspiring young theatre-makers professional training in technical and backstage roles, where recruitment is often difficult, through long-term, paid positions.
Help us set the stage for a young person’s future by donating to Stratford East’s Big Give Christmas Challenge.
Why do we need you?
All donations made during Giving Week (03 – 10 Dec) via the Big Give website will be doubled. Any donation you are able to give, whether it is £5 or £5,000, will help us to achieve our goal of £10,000 and will have double the impact this Christmas. Here’s how you can help:
1. Make a donation on any day between 03 Dec, 12 noon – 10 Dec, 12 noon via the Big Give website, which will be doubled (don’t forget, the donation is only doubled if you go through the website)
2. Sign up to our mailing list to receive updates on our campaign progress and all the work we’ll do with your donation over the next year
3. Help us to spread the word, using the hashtag #StratfordEastBigGive
If you have any queries, please contact Anuja on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.